Since becoming pregnant it would be safe to say I’ve been snacking a bit more. Instead of turning to chips, candy bars, etc. I’ve been focusing on good for me treats. Plus my doctor told me from the get go to only eat an additional 300 calories a day. It’s amazing what you can eat for under that amount. Below are 5 snacks I’m loving right now.
1. Lara Bars — Best on the go snack. Each bar is around 220 calories. There are 22 awesome gluten free flavors to choose from. My personal favorites include peanut butter chocolate chip, carrot cake, cherry pie and cashew cookie.
2. Veggies + Hummus — My new Favorite afternoon snack! Carrots, celery sticks or cucumber slices are perfect with a little hummus. However, keep it to 3-4 tablespoons of hummus.
3. Apple Slices + Nut Butter (Peanut/Almond) — Who doesn’t love a bowl of sliced apples with peanut butter? The
healthier option is Almond butter, but it might not sound good all of
the time. With two tablespoons of peanut butter this snack is just under
the 300 calorie mark.
4. Green Smoothie — Typically I start my day off with a green smoothie, but they make a
delicious afternoon snack too. There are a number of different recipes
to try I suggest checking out Pinterest or purchasing a smoothie book. A
clean green smoothie is about 180 calories, but will depend on
ingredients and serving size.
5. Greek Yogurt + Granola — every so often I like to indulge in a sweet treat and greek yogurt is a healthy alternative. There are a number of brands and flavors, but my go-to is red raspberry with vanilla bear naked granola.