Breakfast is your most important meal of the day. Please don’t tell me you skip it either. You don’t know how often I hear I don’t eat breakfast because xyz. Honestly, I don’t get it. Even if you’re not hungry a piece a toast, fruit or handful of nuts is better than nothing.
A delicious breakfast full of protein and nutrients will help you power through your day. So for better breakfast month I teamed up with BistroMD. Over the next few weeks, with the help of MD, Dr. Cederquist and her husband, Ed Cederquist, I’ll feature various healthy breakfast options created for BistroMD. Now is the time to learn how to put a healthier spin on your favorite breakfast options, live a healthier lifestyle and make better breakfast choices. Are you with me?!
During the week I typically grab a green smoothie and hard boiled egg for breakfast, but on the weekend I like to make something a little more fancy! This weekend give bistroMD’s Mixed Berry Crepes a try. They’re filled with fresh ricotta cheese and topped with a variety of fresh, juicy berries, these crepes are easy to make and perfect for a weekend brunch.
- 2 cups of milk (I prefer Almond Milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup and 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 and a1/2 pint of strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 1 and a 1/2 pint of blueberries
- 1 and a 1/2 pint of raspberries
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 and a1/2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese (make it even heather and sub out with cashew cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting