How do you like your pizza? It might be time to make Friday Night easy with pizza rolls. During “quarantine” Friday night pizza rolls became a weekly staple! Trust me, kids and adults love these. #momwinJump to Recipe
“𝘊𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭.”Harriet Van Horne
It’s amazing how life has changed over the last six months. It just goes to show that life can change in a matter of a few days, weeks, or even months!
However, one thing that didn’t change is all the cooking and delicious eats at the Meyer Casa! Like pizza rolls. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that I spent the “extra” time cooking up a storm or experimenting in the kitchen. Emerson and Nick aren’t complaining about it.
After a few months, you could say I’ve now perfected pizza rolls. These rolls are a tasty twist on your traditional pizza. I even made the dough using my sourdough starter! But the real secret ingredient is the Otamot Essential Sauce for dipping! If you have a picky eater then you’ll want to listen up.
Otamot is a vitamin-rich tomato sauce that’s great for healthy, kid-friendly meals. Made with 10 vegetables, it offers 2 g of protein, has no added sugar, is high in fiber, non-GMO, and gluten free. Talk about mom hack. Trust me, your family won’t know the difference.
The child now regularly requests pizza rolls over slices! Maybe it’s the Otamot essential sauce on the side for dipping. Either way, I’m here for it.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking sheet, set aside.
- On a clean, floured surface, roll out your dough into roughly a 9×13-inch rectangular.
- Next, spread shredded cheese, pepperoni, and fresh chopped basil. working from the shortest side slow roll your dough. You'll be left with a long roll. Move to a cutting board and cut 9 even rolls… just like cinnamon rolls!
- Place individual rolls on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Around the 20-ish minute mark, remove the rolls from the oven, lightly brush the crust with Cobram Estate USA EVOO and bake until pizza is done.
- Serve with a side salad and Otamot essential sauce for dipping.
Photos by the talented Courtney Aaron.Print Recipe