This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company, Kellogg Company, J.M. Smucker Company, and The HERSHEY’S Company. All opinions are mine alone. #StartSchoolLikeAChampion #CollectiveBias
My child loves reading just as much as she loves food. That is not a joke. I chalk it up to reading to her multiple times a day plus going to the library, weekly, for story time. Honestly it might be her favorite part of the week. Ok, maybe it’s having lunch at the beach, lounging on the dog bed or something completely different. Who knows since it’s hard to understand what a 18 month old is saying. Either way she loves reading [aka looking at the pictures] or being read to!
It’s imperative to read to your children early and often. This is why I love supporting brands who support reading.
They next time you’re shopping at Walmart make sure to check out specially marked products from brands HERSHEY’S, Smucker’s, Coca-Cola and Kellogg’s! Why, because I said so. All joking aside, because they have all teamed up with Scholastic Books to give Walmart Shoppers the opportunity to earn up to 90 books when purchasing participating products! Win, win win!
Just to reiterate — For every purchase at Walmart of participating products you already know and love, you will be able to claim one Scholastic book. Talk about going for the gold! This limited- time offer will run from June 29th to September 30th!
People, it’s a no brainer. Whether you’re picking up snacks for the family, a BBQ or to donate to the local food bank keep an eye out for participating brands.
When you redeem your books you can choose to keep the books or donate them. Since my sweetheart has more than enough we’ll most likely donate our books.
Five Simple Way to Create a Tiny Reader
1. Read early and often.
2. Keep books throughout the house and easily assessable. We store a few board books in her toy basket.
3. Create a bedtime reading routine.
4. Attend story time your local library.
5. Make reading fun. Even if you have to read the same book five times in a row. Switch up voices and the story.
How to start school like a champion: Earn a free Scholastic book by purchasing any of the over 100 participating Coca-Cola, HERSHEY’S, Kellogg’s, or J.M. Smucker’s product at Walmart between 6/29/16 – 9/30/16 (1 item = 1 book).
1. Buy any participating Coca-Cola, HERSHEY’S, Kellogg’s, or J.M. Smucker product at Walmart between 6/29/16 and 9/30/16. For a full list of participating products, refer to http://cbi.as/4easc.
2. Join or log in to Kellogg’s Family Rewards.
3. Upload your receipt within 30 days of purchase.
4. Choose or donate your free book.