I’m back with Double Chocolate Black Bean Brownies! They are even better than the last black bean brownies I made. Maybe it’s the extra chocolate or the hint of coconut flour. Either way, these are a must-make!
If you didn’t know I started working with Wildly Orangic a few months ago and I whipped up these double chocolate Black bean brownies using a handful of their products.
Every bite is the perfect ratio of chewy, chocolatey, and nutritious. Obviously, the title gives away the secret ingredient, black beans! Yes, you read that correctly. Enjoy them alone or with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream.
The best part, all you need is a food processor and some goods from Wildly Organic. Oh and those ZULAY magnetic measuring spoons are the best.
You’ll want to stock up on the following products:
- Coconut oil – I love using coconut oil because it adds a hint of flavor and boosts nutritional value.
- Cacao Powder – Did you know, cacao powder is high in fiber and a good source of iron and protein!
- Coconut Flour – I like using coconut flour because it’s high in fiber and a good source of protein. In fact, Coconut flour is four times higher in fiber than oat bran, two times higher in fiber than wheat bran, and three times higher in fiber than ground flaxseed!
- Sea Salt – Just a pinch. Because it helps bring out the flavor.
- Coconut Syrup – A deliciously thick sweetener similar that will quickly replace your maple syrup or even honey! It’s a alternative for baked goods or overnight oats.
- Pecans – Because who doesn’t love nuts in their brownies!
- Chocolate Syrup – Minimally processed, wholesome, and delicious. This syrup will have you reminiscing about your childhood.
You could say that these black bean brownies are the healthiest brownies you’ll ever make! Which makes it acceptable to enjoy with your morning coffee. That is if you have any leftovers.
Heading to a BBQ this weekend? They are the best double chocolate black bean brownies. Your family and friends won’t even know!
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 15oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut syrup
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans
- chocolate syrup, optional for topping
- Set the oven to 350F. Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender/food processor, combine black beans, eggs, coconut oil, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and coconut syrup. Blend/pulse until you’ve reached a smooth batter-like consistency. Remove blade and fold in chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Save a few to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and pecans. Drizzle on chocolate syrup. Using a toothpick, gently swirl the brownie batter and chocolate syrup together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting.