Spring is around the corner, which means it’s carrot cake season! This simple and delicious carrot cake pancake recipe is perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, or just good ol’ Sunday Brunch. Did I mention they are gluten-free?! You’re going to love it!
Carrot cake for breakfast? Yes, yes I did. Now you can have your favorite spring cake for breakfast, guilt-free! You and your whole family can thank me later. This is the perfect gluten-free pancake recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day, or just good ol’ Sunday Brunch. Psst… I have a Healthy Breakfast Board on Pinterest just in case you were looking for more breakfast ideas!
What staples will you need for this recipe:
- Almond Flour — Almond flour is a popular and delicious alternative to wheat flour due to its subtly sweet taste, high nutrition content, and low-carb attributes. It’s our baking favorite!
- Organic Coconut Syrup — Coconut nectar is great for topping baked desserts, ice cream, pancakes, oatmeal, and all kinds of sweet or savory foods. This is a wonderful sweetener to use in place of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
- Coconut Sugar — A light brown all-natural sweetener that tastes a bit like classic brown sugar. We love using it as a replacement for white, refined sugar, brown sugar, and muscovado sugar in their recipes.
- Organic Coconut Chips — These crunch chips are the size of potato peelings and can easily be added to trail mix, granola, and many other foods.
- Himalayan Pink Salt — Pure, hand-mined salt found naturally occurring deep inside the pristine Himalayan Mountains of northern Pakistan. We love using this beautiful salt for all purposes.
- Organic Texas Pecans — Incredibly delicious and certified organic. These premium raw pecans are full halves, not broken into pieces. They are tender and crispy, a delight to snack on and to use in your desserts and dressings!
Stack them high and pour over Syrup, top with extra coconut chips or pecans, and enjoy!
Thank with Google Update
As you may know, I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on my website. As a loyal reader, you can now feel more connected and engaged because you have the ability to express yourself and share what my work means to you.
I have loved seeing the variety of stickers and messages from readers over the last few months. And remember, every time you send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message which I enjoy receiving. For me, these virtual stickers translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying on my blog.
You can find the Thank with Google feature in multiple places on my site, including the top of every blog post. If you try it out, let me know what you think! Thanks as always for your support.
But I really want to know are you team pancakes or waffles?!
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 100 g gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup unflavored protein powder
- Coconut, date or Maple Syrup optional for topping
- In a high-speed blender, blend oats until flour-like consistency, making oat flour.
- Add in the remainder of ingredients and blend until well combined but not over blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes to thicken up, you want it to be pretty thick!
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto a medium-low skillet that has been greased with coconut oil.
- Flip over once bubbles have formed and the bottom is golden brown.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made.
5 Breakfast Recipes to try this Weekend
- Easy Double Chocolate Flourless Blender Muffins
- Quick + Easy Chocolate Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- The Best Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- Easy Berry Beet Banana Smoothie
- DIY Lox and Bagels
Disclosure: I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program.