Last year was the year TikTok exploded. With TikTok came food trends to try like baked oatmeal. So I’m sharing my version, Quick + Easy Chocolate Coconut Baked Oatmeal. Before we dive in, I must confess, if there’s one food trend I was making & devouring before social media – it was avocado toast. Us California kids grew up eating avocado toast! Anyway, if you haven’t jumped on the baked oatmeal trend I highly suggest you give it a try!
Those who know me or have been around for a while know – I LOVE OATS! Overnight oats, muffins, cookies, pancakes, baked oats, smoothies, etc. AND I love adding collagen to baked goods! By now I think it’s safe to assume we’ve all heard of collagen. And we all know BUBS Naturals is my preferred choice. Plus, code TIARA20 snags you a sweet discount!
Oats are a great way to get in a nutrient-dense meal. If you’re “bulking/building” it’s the perfect side to your egg scramble! Or if you’re just looking for something to fuel your mornings — This is it! It’s something that you can easily meal prep too!
What are some benefits of incorperating oats into your daily diet?
- Incredibly Nutritious: They are a good source of carbs and fiber.
- Whole oats are high in antioxidants.
- Oats are high in the soluble fiber, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
- Due to the soluble fiber, oats may improve insulin sensitivity and help lower blood sugar levels.
- Oats may lower the risk of heart disease.
What are the benefits of collagen?
- Encourages digestive/gut health
- Supports stronger hair, skin, and nails
- Aids in joint health
- Potential to aid in faster recovery
It’s safe to say that oats and collagen make a dynamic duo! Are you ready?
Chocolate Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop BUBS Naturals Collagen
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Fresh strawberries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray 2 small ramekins or 1 large one and set aside.
- In a blender, combine oats, banana, nut milk, nut butter, syrup, baking powder, extract, and salt until smooth and creamy. Don’t be afraid to any more oats or nut milk to reach the desired consistency.
- Pour into the ramekins. Top with a few coconut flakes and sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 20-ish minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!