Well, hello there. If you weren’t aware I love food, healthy good for you food and, well, chocolate. I just can’t seem to kick the sweet tooth. While I’m not a big fan of candy I do love chocolate, baked goods and of course ice cream. Anyway, I eat clean so I can indulge — end of story.
Everyday I start my day breaking a sweat and a well balanced breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it should never be skipped. Between family, work, fitness and friends I’m always busy. However, I make time for breakfast even if it’s on the go. Below you’ll find 10 quick and easy breakfast meals on heavy rotation at our house.
1. Green Smoothie – This is probably my go-to breakfast. It’s super easy to throw everything in a blender then pour it into a cup and go. I’m a big green smoothie fan. My current favorite combo has been: 1 medium cucumber, 1 lemon, 1 cup spinach/kale, 1 cup frozen mixed fruit [mango, berries, etc.] 1 tbsp almond butter and 1 scoop whey protein. Looking for a few other green smoothie ideas — check out Clean Green Drinks!
2. Fruit Bowl – This is super easy to prep ahead of time. I suggest cutting up 3-4 different types of fruit on Sunday and divide them into single servings containers.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs – Prep ahead for the week. Sometimes I like to have two hard boiled eggs with a small smoothie or fruit bowl. Oh, and I sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and pepper.
4. Sprouted Toast with Avocado – Simple breakfast that packs a punch.
5. Overnight Oats – Prefect for when you need something a little more hearty in the morning.
6. Homemade protein/granola bars – Prep Sunday and pair with a fruit bowl. These are also prefect for road trips or post workout.
7. Paleo Muffins – Make a big batch and freeze. I suggest trying these, these or these.
8. Frittata – Prep on Sunday night and have breakfast all week. They’re super easy to make. I usually make a spinach, bacon and bell pepper combo. I’m thinking about making this sausage and butternut squash frittata next week.
9. Spinach Egg Muffin Cups – Much like a frittata, but bite sized. I suggest making a big batch and freezing what you don’t need for the week. These look pretty tasty.
10. Paleo Panacakes – We love making coconut pancakes on Sunday. I suggest making a few extra to grab and go during the week. Maybe even enjoy with your favorite nut butter and sliced banana. The best paleo pancake recipes are from Against All Grain [IMO]. Try starting with the Banana Pancakes or Pumpkin Pancakes with Bacon and Pecans!
What’s your go-to breakfast?