I’m back with the best chocolate black bean brownies. These aren’t your grandma’s brownies. They are the perfect ratio of chewy, chocolatey, and nutritious. The title gives away the secret ingredient, black beans! Yes, you read that correctly.
I’m a firm believer that food should taste good and be good for you. The way I eat today is a 180 from the way I grew up. I mean, I was never the kid who wanted fruit loops or hot dogs. I was the kid who had cheerios, hot pockets, and fruit. Same but different. You get the point.
“𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥.”Hippocrates
Over the last few years, I’ve really shifted the way I look at food. Fun fact, Emerson’s first birthday cake was a mini black bean bundt cake with a coconut whipped cream topping! Fast forward 4 years. I’m still baking with black beans. Like many things, these have morphed over the years.
These chocolate black bean brownies are kid-tested and mom-approved.
Why do I love these brownies?
Well, they’re dairy-free, gluten-free, and nutrient-dense. Not only did I use black beans, but I used The Soulfull Project Hearty Grains & Seeds packets to make oat flour! Did you know, The SoulFull Project products are all vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and Whole Grain Stamp approved?
The Soulfull Project has been my go-to oatmeal for a while now! For every serving purchased, they donate a serving of their wholesome cereal to a local food bank! Whipping up this instant vegan, gluten-free oatmeal is an easy way to give back to your community.
My favorite flavor is the Apple Cinnamon Multigrain Hot Cereal which comes in a 5-Pack Box, but their Hearty Grains & Seeds is a great no-sugar-added alternative! The Apple Cinnamon is exclusive to Whole Foods Markets, and they have an exclusive BOGO deal within the Ibotta App. So you really can’t go wrong.
If you’re more of an online shopper, you can always order it directly to your door. Use code TIARASGOTSOUL for 30% off your purchase.
But back to those brownies…
Black Bean Brownies
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup @enjoylifefoods semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 packets @thesoulfullproject Hearty Grains & Seeds
- 2 tbsp @sunfood cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup @madhavafoods honey
- 1/3 cup @enjoylifefoods dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and almond butter. Stir to combine, until smooth.
- In a high-speed blender/food processor, pulse oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Blend/pulse until you have a flour-like consistency. Next add the chocolate-butter mixture, honey, black beans, and vanilla extract. Blend until you have a batter. Make sure you scrape down the sides to make sure the batter is evenly mixed and smooth.
- Fold dark chocolate chips into the batter. Spoon mixture into a baking pan and spread as evenly as possible around your baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow cooling before cutting.
Four oat inspired recipes worth trying.
- Easy Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Protein Almond Butter Granola
- Coconut Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Gluten-Free Cranberry, Apple & Pear Crumble
Thank you The Soulfull Project for providing advocates with products that inspired today’s post. All opinions are 100% my own.