I’m back with something savory– MINI TACO BOWLS! Who dis?! However, these bite-sized tacos are hands down the best mini tacos bowls you’ll ever make. Oh, did I mention how incredibly easy they are too?
Although, we may have spent the last year “social distancing” there’s no excuse not make delicious or fun eats! We’re a party of three and sometimes I like to make a fun spread and pretend we’re having a party. Why not! These taco bowls are family friendly. Most importantly, the bowls could easily be assembled ahead of time or on the spot.
Stuffed to the brim with all the goods, they’re the perfect bite-sized appetizer! Take them to the next level by making your own salsa and guacamole. Trust me, you’ll wow guests at your next party! Fingers crossed we’ll be BBQing this summer on the regular with friends and family!
You could even say it’s a fusion dish! Why? I used Twin Dragon wonton wrappers to make the bowls! Yup, they are the perfect size and mild in flavor pairing perfectly with Mexican flavors!
Don’t wait for taco Tuesday or your next gathering to make these mini taco bowls. I bet you have the majority of the ingredients in your pantry!
What would you fill your taco bowls with?
Mini Taco Bowls
- 24 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers
- 4-6 oz Grilled chicken thighs, diced
- 15 oz Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz Corn, drained
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 cup Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place wontons in a 12-cup muffin tin. You’ll want to press the wonton into the cups until you form a bowl. You’ll end up with four folded “corners.”
- Lightly spray with oil. I like to use avocado cooking spray. Place in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes. They’re ready with they are golden brown. Repeat.
- Meanwhile, warm up the black bean, corn, and grilled thighs on the stovetop, salt & pepper black beans, and corn to taste.
- Once all the bowls are ready, it’s time to assemble. In each bowl, layer black beans, corn, chicken, lettuce, and top with salsa and guacamole. It’s safe to eyeball the ratios.
You can purchase Twin Dragon Wrappers at: Walmart, Albertsons, Shaw’s, Von’s, Stater Bros, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway, Associated Stores, Giant Stores, Shop N Shop, Winco, and Price Chopper!
Looking More Mexican Food?
- Easy Chicken Tostadas
- Healthy Jalapeño Poppers
- Stuffed Squash
- Roasted Chili Lime Chickpeas
- Burrito Bowl Intentions
This post was sponsored by JLS Foods. All opinions are 100% my own. #TwinDragon #ChefYaki