I LOVE oats — overnight oats, fully loaded oats, these ultimate oat bars, oatmeal cookies, and even in smoothies! Oats are a nutrition powerhouse with some major health benefits. Plus, it’s a great way to get in some extra carbs.
Three Major Health Benefits of Oats
- Heart Health
- Helps Control Blood Sugar
- Aids in Digestive Health
I could go on and on about how I feel about this recipe, but all you need to know is; it took nearly an entire jar of natural peanut butter, a bag of Seven Sundays Muesli, and a box + a little extra of The Soulful Project Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal.
Whew, luckily these are all pantry staples. At least they are for me. Gang, if you follow me on instagram then you know I eat oats every morning.
I personally like getting in a hearty meal in first thing. It just sets the tone for the rest of the day. It’s like making my bed every morning. It just makes me feel like it’s going to be a great day. Like, I can do anything now that I’ve made my bed and had a solid breakfast. Do you feel the same way? It’s totally cool. I get it oats aren’t for everyone.
The Soulfull Project has been my go-to oatmeal for a while now! For every serving purchased, they donate a serving of their wholesome cereal to a local food bank! Whipping up this instant vegan, gluten-free oatmeal is an easy way to give back to your community
If you’re an online shopper, you can always order The SoulFul Project directly to your door. Use code TIARASGOTSOUL for 30% off every purchase.
One bite and you’ll be hooked. That is if you like oats as much as I do.
Ok, now that you’re hooked grab your grocery list and add anything you don’t have to it. You can thank me later.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗢𝗮𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗕𝗮𝗿
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cups natural creamy PB
- 1 3/4 brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinniamon
- 3 1/3 rolled oats
- Optional add-ins:
- 1 cup crasins, Optional
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, Optional
- 1 cup coconut flakes, Optional
- 1 cup nuts (Optional: walnuts, pecans or sliced almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Place butter, PB, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer and combine until smooth. You may need to occasional scrap down the side.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients. Combine PB mixture & oat mixture. It will be VERY thick. Use a sturdy wood spoon or your stand mixer on low.
- Once combine, fold in “optional” items. Pour into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bars are lightly brown along the edges.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.